Rajan suggests a client may wish to consider the following advice he also used during his own divorce proceedings:
• There is great power in receiving emotional support. Talk about what you are experiencing with your family members and close friends.
• Consult a marriage counsellor. There is no stigma in seeing a counsellor. These sessions can be the first beneficial and effective step in the journey of recovery for estranged spouses.
• Once you have exhausted the possibility of reconciliation, take proactive steps to work towards solutions to problems. Expedient resolution helps spouses pick up the pieces and move on in their lives.
• Focus out. Think about others who are affected by the breakdown of the marriage – usually the children of the marriage.
• Take a break from routine. Spend time alone to acknowledge your underlying emotions. Go through the grieving process. Set yourself a timeline for this process to end.
• Once this process is over, ask yourself what you want to do next that will help you to move forward in your life.
Divorce Lawyer Singapore . com
“The right divorce lawyer should be able to
answer your questions and give you the information you need
without putting any pressure on you. In over 30 years,
we have never told a client that he or she
should get a divorce.That is your decision
– we are only here to help.”